After delving into our player performance database we can reveal the Premier League Team of the Year based on cold hard stats. You can find all the key stats behind every player here http://www.oulala.com/en/community/blog/item/stats-premier-league-team-of-the-year (17.05.16)
We've compiled the best XI and six subs from European football to reveal the best squad from Europe's top leagues based on stats. The Premier League leads the way with seven spots including stars from Leicester, Arsenal, Spurs, West Ham, Southampton and Bournemouth. You can find the full run down of key stats behind every player here http://www.oulala.com/en/community/blog/item/stats-european-squad-of-the-year (17.05.16)
With his match-winning brace against Sunderland over the weekend, Jamie Vardy has seemingly fired Leicester City to Premier League glory.
Although Vardy is currently bettered by Spurs striker Harry Kane in the race for this season's Golden Boot, bookmaker bwin has deduced, using a specific formula, that Vardy's goals have been more valuable than Kane's. Looking at goals scored which have won the game, established a two-goal lead or equalised, bwin has looked at over 820 goals this season to provide us with a most valuable goalscorer index.
More information is detailed in the infographic attached but key highlights are:
• Jamie Vardy tops the charts in points contribution to his team with 54 points (according to bwin's metrics)
• Although he has scored a league leading 22 goals, Harry Kane has only scored four winning goals.
• Marko Arnautovic has scored 50% of Stoke's overall goals whilst Odion Ighalo has scored 40% of Watford's match-winning goals
• Michail Antonio has the highest % of match-winners to goals scored with 67%!
• Villa are the biggest one man team, with OWN GOAL scoring 67% of the Villans match winning goals.
Click on the images to enlarge